Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone found in the human body and although it is more prevalent in men, it is also produced in the females. Males start to produce increased rates of testosterone when they reach puberty and this tends to peak by the time they hit their early twenties. By the time men reach the age of 30, the rate of testosterone production has already started to decline at an average of around 1% per year and as such many men look for ways to reverse this decline.
Just like the presence of testosterone has many side effects on the body, so too does the lack of it and this leads many people (men in particular) to look for ways to help increase the rate of natural testosterone production in the body. This can be achieved through nutrition and lifestyle choices and for some people, natural testosterone boosters can be highly effective at increasing their levels.
In this article we shall be looking at the best testosterone boosters available in the UK and will be focusing on those that have completely natural ingredients and of course that are 100% legal and ethical.
In addition to highlighting the best natural testosterone boosting supplements we will also be looking at the benefits of high levels of testosterone and the drawbacks of low levels of the hormone in the body. All of this and more can be found beneath our list of top testosterone supplements.
Top 7 Testosterone Boosters In The UK
We tested a range of different options before compiling them in to our top 7 list. Before purchasing testosterone boosting supplements it is well worth taking a test to see what your current testosterone levels are, but for those who are looking to dive straight in to our top 7 list – let’s take a look.
Testogen is a well known supplement that’s sole focus is to boost testosterone through a completely natural ingredient stack. They ship worldwide and have offices based in the UK and it has one of the best ingredient profiles of all the supplements we tested. Testogen is research backed, has no side effects and contains completely safe natural ingredients (always check for allergens though).
It has all the key components we look for including 2352mg of D-Aspartic Acid, 200mg of magnesium, Vitamin D3, Fenugreek extract, Vitamin K1 and more. The results of its users are impressive with a wide range of before and after images and plenty of positive feedback throughout their social channels. We tested it for a period of 6 weeks and found that there was a significant impact in terms of sleep quality, libido and visual muscle growth over that time frame.
They offer a 100 day money back guarantee so there is little to lose and it is without a doubt our favourite option.back to menu ↑
Testofuel is another high quality natural booster for testosterone and is another that is backed by a top money back guarantee – in this case 90 days worth. With a completely natural ingredient profile and not hiding behind any proprietary blends, this supplement is ideal for those looking to boost muscle mass, reduce tiredness and increase their libido. It has all the top ingredients we would look for in a supplement of this nature and also has one ace up its sleeve that is not commonly found in other products – and that is Oyster extract.
Oysters are well known for being an effective aphrodisiac and there is good reason for this – it contains 10 times more zinc than you would find in red meats such as beef – in fact, there is no better source for zinc than oysters. In addition to the oyster extract, Testofuel also contains D-Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D, Ginseng, Fenugreek extract, magnesium and Vitamin B6 and K2 – all of which make up one of the best nutritional blends we have seen.
We saw some excellent results after using Testofuel and would recommend it as an excellent option for anyone who is looking to build muscle but also for anyone who is particularly suffering with a lower libido.back to menu ↑
Hunter Test is one of the cheapest testosterone boosters that we tested that came up to scratch – that’s not to say it’s a cheap product because it is anything but and it has one of the best ingredient stacks and cleanest profiles of all those we tested – and crucially, it provided us with excellent results over a two month period.
With a well balanced blend of D-Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, Ginseng, Boron, Zinc, Magnesium and two other key ingredients, Hunter Test has one of the most impressive ingredient lists we saw. Like most of these supplements, the more you buy the better deal you get and for those buying multiple bottles you can expect to get one or two bottles thrown in.
They are backed by Roar Ambition Ltd which is a UK Limited Company and they also have two other supplements that are focused on slightly different types of user.
Everything about this product is high quality and with it being made in the UK and the USA it is good to know that it is FDA and GMP approved.back to menu ↑
Prime Male is another high quality natural testosterone booster that is suitable for all men but will be most commonly used by men over the age of 30. It is perhaps even better suited to older men thanks to its energy boosting properties and one of the most comprehensive natural ingredient stacks on the market.
With a healthy and well balanced dose of D-Aspartic Acid, Boron, Ginseng, Magnesium, Luteolin, Ashwagandha extract, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Zinc and Nettle Root – it really does pack a punch to help with lean muscle growth, fat burning, a healthy libido and increased energy levels.
We were able to feel the impact of taking this supplement after just one week and the results were pretty noticeable in such a surprisingly short space of time. The company behind Prime Male are very transparent about what is in it and with distribution from the UK it will be with you in no time at all after ordering.back to menu ↑
Test Boost is the out and out cheapest product that made it to our list but it does come with a caveat in as much as it is probably the least effective of all the supplements we tested. That being said, if you combine it with a healthy diet, excellent lifestyle choices and ensure you get a good amount of the vitamins and minerals we suggest below our list then you will definitely benefit from using it.
Test Boost contains D-Aspartic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Maca Extract, Zinc Citrate, Vitamin B5, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3 as well as some other helpful ingredients and as such it has all the hallmarks of an effective booster. We used it and found good results and although they were not perhaps quite on a par with other products we tested, this is a lot cheaper with a three month supply costing around half the price of some other makes.
We certainly felt an improvement in energy levels and many report increased focus and libido as well as managing increased muscle mass through exercise. All in all, an excellent budget option.back to menu ↑
TestRX is a supplement designed specifically for men over the age of 45 and as such it is an ideal choice for those in that age group. It is a product that ships from the USA and although they do offer shipping to the UK we found that it wasn’t the quickest – so if you are in a hurry you might want to opt for a UK based supplier. That being said, there is plenty to like about TestRX and men over the age of 45 may prefer to wait to get this delivered.
TestRX is absolutely packed with natural ingredients that are designed to really boost energy levels and libido and comes with all the usual benefits of a good quality ingredient stack. There are a couple of ingredients that set TestRX apart from the competition including the addition of Brassica Campestris which is specifically added thanks to it promoting a healthy prostate.
Any men who have lost their appetite for sex will also benefit from this supplement thanks to it including Eurycoma Longifolia which is commonly known to increase sex drive.back to menu ↑
Testomax is a vegetarian friendly blend of ingredients and although it wasn’t the most potent of supplements it did have a positive impact and is also reasonably priced. Each bottle will last for up to 2 months and users generally report good results after taking it for a month or so.
We found the biggest impact as a result of taking Testomax was a better quality of sleep and an increase in energy during the day. This alone makes it worth trying this supplement unless of course you have specific issues with libido or muscle mass. We do not have specific numbers when it comes to testosterone increases but we would suggest they are somewhat less with Testomax than with our preferred products Testogen and Testofuel.
There is a good range of ingredients found in Testomax with 13 in total – the highlights for us being Vitamin D3, A, K2, B5, Maca Root Extract, Fenugreek and Ginseng.
The Impact Of Low Testosterone
Lowering levels of testosterone in men over the age of 30 is a completely natural phenomenon and although the impact of this can be severe and in some cases debilitating, for most men, the lower levels of this hormone will coincide with the feelings associated with ageing. Whilst it is fair to point out that most men can take steps to either reduce the rate of decline or even increase their natural levels of testosterone, it is important to understand the implications of what lower testosterone in the body means.
Here are some of the most common effects of having lower levels of the hormone in your body:
- Decrease in muscle mass and/or overall strength
- Decrease in body hair production
- Increase in body fat levels
- Loss of sexual appetite and in severe cases it can lead to infertility
- Increased tiredness and fatigue
- Less consistent sleep or insomnia
- Decrease in bone density/strength
- Emotional changes such as an increased feeling of depression
As you might expect, the reverse is true of the above when it comes to increasing testosterone levels. It is also important to point out that you might not suffer from all of the above symptoms and some might be more severe than others.
Vitamins For Boosting Testosterone
There are a number of vitamins that are key to boosting testosterone levels in the body. We are huge advocates of healthy and sustainable nutrition above all else so if you haven’t yet focused on the following vitamins then you should do so. It is also worth checking for these in any natural testosterone increasing supplement you opt for:
- D-Aspartic Acid – Not to be confused with L-Aspartic Acid, D-Aspartic Acid is one of the most effective amino acids responsible for boosting testosterone in the body. In fact, there are studies that show it can increase testosterone production by as much as 42%. It is released in the brain as well as the testicles and can really help to improve sperm count too.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D is one of the hardest vitamins to naturally acquire – especially for those in the Northern Hemisphere like us here in the UK. Luckily, Vitamin D supplements are widely available and it is a crucial vitamin for increasing testosterone. It is even more effective when taken with other key vitamins such as magnesium and Vitamin K.
- Fenugreek – This is a natural herb that is well known as a means to increasing strength and stamina. Although the benefits it has in directly increasing testosterone are not heavily research backed, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to make this well worth including in your nutritional plan.
- Vitamin B6 – Those who are deficient in Vitamin B6 also tend to have lower testosterone levels so it is well worth topping those B6 levels up. It helps with tiredness and fatigue and is a crucial vitamin that helps the body with 100+ vital functions.
- Zinc – Zinc is a vital mineral that we need in order to maintain healthy sperm as well as having a role in lots of other bodily functions. We lose it when we perspire so for those who do lots of heart rate increasing workouts it is well worth taking zinc supplements.
- Boron – A less well known trace mineral but one that has been found to be highly effective at increasing levels of free testosterone in the body.
Best Testosterone Boosting Foods
Of course, foods that are high in the vitamins found above are all going to be great options but here are some foods that are particularly rich in testosterone boosting vitamins:
- Tuna – A Vitamin D rich food that is low in fat and also high in protein.
- Egg – Egg yolk in particular is rich in Vitamin D and can help with testosterone production when eaten as part of a balanced diet.
- Oysters – Particularly high in zinc, oysters (and shellfish in general) can be a great testosterone boosting food.
- Beans – Legumes such as chickpeas, baked beans and lentils are all high in zinc and as such make a great testosterone boosting food for vegetarians and vegans.
Lifestyle Choices To Boost Testosterone
Leading a healthy lifestyle is a key way to ensure your testosterone levels are as high as possible. Whilst following these tips will not lead in a sudden increase (and may not be enough on their own to increase your levels to the point you are happy with) they will give you the best possible chance to have healthy levels of the hormone.
There is nothing particularly groundbreaking about these guidelines but they are well worth highlighting:
- Undertaking strength training – Putting your muscles under strain as part of a strength training regime is one of the best ways to provide the stimulus for your body to increase testosterone production. As you increase your muscle mass the body will produce more testosterone naturally.
- Balanced nutritional plan – Eating a healthy, well balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals is a key way to increase your testosterone.
- Avoid alcohol – Certain types of alcohol are particularly bad for us when it comes to testosterone. Beer in particular has a negative impact thanks to it containing phytoestrogen and prolactin which are commonly associated with increasing the levels of estrogen in the body.
- Sleep – Sleep is critically important to enable our bodies to repair and recuperate. This is also key to helping the body to produce acceptable levels of the T hormone.
Testosterone Booster FAQ’s
Still have questions about testosterone boosting supplements? If so, why not reach out to us at email@example.com or read on for the most commonly asked questions.
Do Testosterone Supplements Work?
There have been many studies on the efficacy of testosterone supplements and the majority of them do show strong results with increases of around 30-50%. The natural boosters highlighted on our page are safe to use thanks to their natural ingredient profile but should also be used as part of a well balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Less ethical boosters such as low dose steroids can give results as much as 200-300% increases but we cannot recommend these.
Does Masturbating Reduce Testosterone?
There have been numerous studies conducted on the impact of masturbation or ejaculation on levels of T found in the body. The basic answer to this question is that masturbation has not impact on the levels in the body in the longer term but when testing in the shorter term it can skew results if you testing your levels.
In short, there is no negative correlation between masturbation and T levels.
Are There Any Foods That Reduce Testosterone?
Most foods are fine when eaten as part of balanced diet however there are some that can have a negative impact when it comes to testosterone. Foods to avoid high quantities of include:
- Liquorice root
- Processed food
- Soy based foods
What Is The Best Way To Increase Testosterone?
We always advocate the natural route first and we are not going to change our approach here. Eating well, following a healthy lifestyle and if needed, using a natural testosterone booster are the best ways to increase levels of T in the body.